Why do you need to have a tree inventory of your property? Consider these benefits that will save you time and money in the long-term.
1. Reduced liability: Knowing the health and structural condition of the trees on a property helps to identify problem trees. Recommendations are included with the inventory that will help reduce owner liability and bring awareness to issues that may need attention.
2. Improved tree health: Identifying tree health issues before they become a serious problem is an effective way to reduce costs. Trees can be harmed by a variety of pests and diseases that can move from one infected tree to another. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
3. Know your landscape: An inventory will help you know what is in your landscape -the different species, and how many of each kind. Their location is kept on a live digital map of the property. This is important when a pest or disease attacks a certain species and a plan of action needs to be implemented quickly to be effective.
4. Budgeting: The tree inventory will typically include a three-year plan for recommended tree work. This is useful for budgeting purposes. Longer or shorter plans can be provided depending upon the specific requirements of the property.
5. Monitoring: Regular inspections by an ISA Certified arborist are included to keep the inventory up to date.
6. History: Over time, regular monitoring by an ISA Certified Arborist can provide an accurate history of the trees on the property, within the scope and detail of the inventory. It may include growth observations, work performed, treatments and other important historical data of each tree. Color pictures can help to visually track changes over time. Inventory may include a tree risk assessment by a TRAQ (Tree Risk Assessment Qualification) arborist.
The ISA Certified Arborists at Growing Earth Tree Care perform tree inventories of any size for individual property owners up to large homeowner associations and municipalities. Schedule your inventory today!